By: Krista Mcfadden
How To Make Your Home Stand Out
Tags: Curb Appeal, DIY, Ottawa Real Estate, Home Maintenance
As you probably already know, todays market is very competitive. Below are some ways to help your home stand out amongst the other homes for sale.
1) Curb appeal- Since the outside of the home is the first thing potential buyers see, it makes since to have it be the first thing on the list. Especially with spring just around the corner, you can either use the snow to your advantage now or get prepared to start gardening, landscaping, cleaning the gutters etc. It can do wonders for the homes overall desirability.
2) Clean- Don't underestimate the power of a good clean. Especially if your home is competing against similar homes that are, for example, tenant occupied, where the seller has no control over the level of cleanliness during showings. Making your home spic and span can really work to your advantage.
3) Professional photos- Not all sellers use professional photos and you can really tell! Professional photos can brighten the space up, make it look larger and ultimately get those potential buyers through the door for a viewing.
4) Uncovering your windows- Big blinds and bulky curtains not only stop natural light from coming through but it also make a room look much smaller. Take them off and put then in storage and let the light shine in!
5) Fresh flowers and plants- As this dark winter trudges on, creating a sort of indoor oasis using plants and flowers can help lift potential buyers moods when viewing your home. While also working as decor and a natural air freshener.
6) Finishing projects- We all have a never ending to do list of things we want to get done around the house. Now is the time to actually do them! Change that light bulb that went out months ago, fix those floor dents, and reattach those cupboard handles!